Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pumping & Feeding

Ah, as of March 8th, the pump has been put away yet again. That morning was the last time I pumped for Maritt... So that was basically almost 16 months of pumping. I'd been pumping every 3 hours, then tapered off at nighttime, then was only pumping 3 hours during the day, then eventually stopped the pumping during the day (at 15 months), and the last month, was just pumping in the morning and at night after Maritt went to bed. And now - yippee!!!! - the pump and the requisite 15-20 minutes is finished!

I'm so very glad I did it both for me and for her.
I'm still nursing her in the morning and evening but I have a feeling that will slowly taper off as well. She's still quite interested at those times but I keep telling her, the less you do it during these two times, the less there will be until there is none left...

I do cherish those times with her - the quiet of the morning when Cyanne and Tom are still sleeping and the darkness of her room at night, the sounds of ocean waves coming from her sound machine, her two bears squished together with us on the pillow as she nurses. I love just looking down at her face, rubbing her back, and playing with her hair. It's a wonderful experience and I love the time with her.
That said, she's getting to the point where, soon... she will be done and I'll have to find my moments with just her another way =).

No comments: