Monday, May 16, 2011

Synonyms

Each night, Cyanne has created this ritual or tradition for herself of late. She brushes her teeth (or, more exactly, she tries and we then finish the job), goes to the bathroom, and then climbs up in her bed to shut off the light.

She then says, "Stand next to each other. Close your eyes!"
So, Tom and I stand next to each other.
"Close your eyes, I said!"
"Okay, okay!" we say.
"Put your head on each other's shoulders...." =)
We stand there, eyes closed, my head on Tom's shoulder.
She then turns out the light and says "Okay, guys. Open your eyes now! Now I do my big jump!"
"First, a little jump, and then a BIG jump."
She does a tiny little hop-like move.
And then prepares for the big jump.

Now, Tom and I being who we are started giving her different words to use for "big."

She now says "Okay, I do a humongous jump! An enormous jump! A Gi-gannn-tic jump!"
She's got them all down - And says each very clearly!
Good job, Cyanne!
=)

We are all about big words and synonyms in our house.

Next, we're bringing out the big guns and pulling out the OED.
Otherwise known as a very big book.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Kristen, you are an absolutely fantastic blogger!! I love this entry and can picture the entire scene playing out! Cyanne is so lucky to have you recording all o fher wonderful sayings and rituals like this! And so are we... Thank you! Such a pleasure to read!