Sunday, November 4, 2007

Showers

There are things in life that I've always enjoyed.
Since having Cyanne, there are things that I've always enjoyed but prior to her birth, never really thought all that much about.
One of those things is showers.

I can't even tell you how much I now treasure taking a shower. It is such a luxury. Only when Tom is watching Cyanne can I run and hop in the shower.
I mean sure, before, I enjoyed taking showers - especially at night to help me fall asleep. (Falling asleep is not an issue now either... but that's another entry.)

But now... it is 10-15 minutes when I can close my eyes, try and relax, inhale the steam, and realize that for a few quiet minutes, I'm all by myself. It is a brief period during my day but one to which I very much look forward. Those of you with children (or those of you soon to have kids) I am sure know what I mean.

At this point in life, few things are better than hot hot water where the only sound is water pounding on the walls. That is - aside from watching Cyanne sleep on my chest seeing her breathe in and out softly. That is pretty amazing too.

No comments: