Monday, September 15, 2008

Cyanne's First Day of Daycare

Today, I took Cyanne to First Presbyterian Early Childhood Center for the first time.
The word 'day' is a little more than what we did today...
As this is a learning process for both of us, we went for a couple of hours today in the middle of the day (between naps). She seemed to like the other babies and by this I mean reached out to touch their ears or hair (gently...), sat and starred at them, and tried to 'share' toys.
One thing I am certain she liked were all of the new toys. Ah, the joys of undiscovered toys.
Such fun to play with toys that aren't 'yours' and that you don't see every day.
So, we had fun. Checked it out. Met her primary caregivers who will take care of her during the day. Stocked her clothes bin, filled up her food bin in the refrigerator, and loaded the diaper bin...

As I suspected, this might be harder for me than for her. It amazes me how much when I am with her, I want to see her all of the time. Play with her. Pick her up. Kiss her. Hug her. Hold her. I just don't want to let go... She's just so, so, so sweet.

But, it will be a good experience for her, I'm sure. I hope...
If nothing else, she'll learn some good social skills and perhaps be even more motivated than she already is to walk - by looking at some of the other kids.

It's mostly boys - there are 2 other girls but the rest are boys. (I believe there are 10 kids in all in her room).

So... we are going to ease into it the rest of the week and perhaps, come Friday, she'll go for a full-day. Or, maybe, we'll wait for that until next Monday?? =)

Ah, another stage. A new period of change. However this one, unlike almost all of the others, is one of our own doing rather than hers.
Day care will be fun... I'm sure... Cross your fingers. =)

1 comment:

Mara said...

Good luck. I know how hard it is, but you will smile when she sees one of her new classmates and runs over to hug them because they are almost as close as siblings (hair pulling and all). Cyanne will have a blast.