Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I had a wonderful day today. It started off fantastically well as Maritt slept all night last night! She went to sleep at 9 PM (ish) and didn't wake up until 7 AM (ish)!! I honestly could not have asked for a better mother's day gift.
(She did it Friday night, too! Way to go Maritt!)

We had a nice morning and while Maritt took her morning nap, Cyanne and Tom gave me my mother's day gift which was a very fun ITouch! Our Ipod that I'd bought for Tom (er, me) when they first came out is on its last legs so Tom decided to return the favor and get me one to use. I can also share it with Cyanne and upload some of her favorite shows (i.e. Elmo from "Sesame eet"...) and some fun toddler apps for our upcoming trip in June. Will be a good lesson in sharing - for both of us... =)

It was the sweetest thing. Apparently, all week at school they had been teaching the kids how to say 'Happy Mother's Day.' Cyanne got it down and I was told happy "mudders" day several times today! So, so adorable.


We had fun during the day and then, after naps, headed up to the pool so Cyanne could practice her swimming.




After swimming, we headed over and had a very nice dinner at the Club.
I then got a very sweet card written by Tom with Cyanne and Maritt's help, of course. I am a sucker for cards and he has learned some excellent card writing skills over the years... =) Thanks honey!





Tom was also able to talk with his Mom and Cyanne wished Nanna a happy mother's day. She's also getting very good at saying I love you. So, Nanna also got an "I love you, Nanna!"
She'll run up to us, throw her arms around us and say "I love you, Mommy!" or "I love you, Daddy!" " I love you too, Mama!" My heart just melts when she says that.

Happy Mother's Day all!

No comments: