Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cooperstown - Part I (Travel to NY and Visit with the Powells!)

We were SO, SO excited to go to Cooperstown. We adore going and staying with Tom's family and look forward to it for months and months. This time, I used it as a way to teach Cyanne more numbers: "It's 10 days/9 days etc. until we go to Cooperstown to see Nanna and Grandpa!"

We took our usual flights to Cooperstown. We arrived at the SB Airport in time for our 8 PM flight. Both kids were dressed in their jammies and were ready to sleep. Ha, who am I kidding... we would try...

Cyanne at SBA:



Hanging out at O'Hare at 5 AM. Remarkably, everyone was in a pretty good mood. Starbucks for me and Tom helped quite a bit. The kids had a great time people watching, per usual...



Cyanne with her two must-haves: Puppy & Blanket. All is right in the world when she has these two with her.



Hi! I'm getting teeth!



They both did a great job. We flew from SBA-LAX-ORD-ALB.
Yes, it's always 3 flights...!

Sleeping from ORD - ALB. Peaceful silence...



I love how Cyanne used Maritt as a pillow:



My perspective:
So precious.





When we arrived, we were met by Anne & Richard at the airport - We were all very excited to see them!

Onward to Cooperstown!

The day we got there, in the afternoon, Devon, Mike & Henry came to Cooperstown to see us!!! I'm almost embarrassed to write this but it had been since June 2007 that I'd seen Devon. Henry was 3 months old and I was pregnant with Cyanne. I was so excited for her to meet Cyanne (and now, Maritt!) and for us to see Henry and spend some quality time with Devon & Mike.

Cyanne and Henry had a fantastic time together.
Running up and down the hill in the backyard:

Tom likes to flip Cyanne around - she's squeals with glee. Part daredevil, part cheerleader, part gymnast. It's amazing to watch.







Henry, Cyanne, & Tom running up and down (and up and down) the hill. Perfect way to wear out the kids... (and the adults).











Bath time!
Let's just say they had fun together =).







On to the rest of the trip!

No comments: