Monday, August 16, 2010

3 tomatoes

We were walking out to the car this morning to go to school. Cyanne runs off to the garden and says "Wait, one minute. I coming back!"
So, I'm waiting by the car. Tom and Maritt are over near the garden and I hear her talking about which tomatoes to pick.

She comes back to the car and says:
"I'm ready! Let's go to school! I pick 3 tomatoes! One for Olivia, Nico, and Irene. They're ready and are soooo juicy!"

It was so sweet and thoughtful.
She had picked one tomato for each of her main caregivers/teachers at daycare. I asked if she wanted me to hold them for her and she said: "No, Cyanne do it. I hold them for Olivia, Nico and Irene." =)

When we got to school, she walked into the room and handed Olivia the tomato - and put the other 2 aside for Irene and Nico for when they came back into the room.

I was so touched by her thoughtfulness. Also, I was amazed that she didn't pick one for herself or eat one of the ones she'd picked. She held them in her little hand the whole drive in. One of her favorite activities is going to the garden and eating little tomatoes right off the vine. Not only did she not pick any for herself but picked one for each of the people who take care of her every day.
It was so sweet. Cyanne is such a sweet, thoughtful, caring little girl.
I love that girl.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I totally agree with your description of Cyanne and would add that she is exceptionally mature! I love her!