Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Jinx

So, I shouldn't be surprised.
We were warned by our friend Devon, who has experienced the Jinx first hand.
Yesterday evening, while Tom & I were enjoying dinner and a glass of wine and watching something incredibly intellectual like 'So you think you can Dance,' I said:
"Don't you think it's just amazing that Cyanne has been sleeping through the night so well? I mean, she's done it for a few weeks now. It's just the best feeling to go to sleep and not have to wake up during the night."
And Tom concurred...

And then, we started to hear rumblings on the monitor. Only little ones at first...
Then, when we got into bed, they got louder. Just as I'd drift off, she'd really start to cry. She did this throughout the entire night...
Not helped by Lucky barking really loudly at 4 AM at who knows what, which woke her up...

Topped off by us having to get up at 5 when she was definitely done sleeping -
So, we made a bottle and hoped that a little shushing and rocking would lure her back to sleep - if only for an hour more.
It's amazing how tired I was at 5 AM...
Cyanne however, was all smiles and giggles.

She did succumb for an hour plus... but I learned my lesson.
From now on, whenever I say anything that might cause 'the jinx,' i'll knock on wood...
or something equally as effective.

Lesson learned.

No comments: