Monday, October 12, 2009

Anxiety and Anticipation

Well, tomorrow afternoon I have my 35 week OB visit with Dr. Echt.
Normally, this would just be a routine visit and check-up to make sure all is well. However, this is the week/visit that she induced me with Cyanne so we are worried she will say we should head over to the hospital to meet our little girl - 5 weeks early.

I've been trying to do less which is hard for me... and have been drinking water as much as possible. I've been trying to put my feet up when I can. Tom has been great about taking Cyanne out on walks, outside, and on errands so that I can have a little time to rest.

So, we shall see. Keep your fingers crossed all goes well.
She will have me do a fetal stress test first where a monitor is attached to my stomach and records the baby's movements and heartbeat to check activity levels and 'well-being.' I get to sit and read magazines while we wait...

Then, we'll meet with Dr. Echt. I think Tom's going to join me so if we do get the news we have to head to the hospital, he'll hear it straight from her!
And we can then begin the preparations...

But, I really, really hope everything looks good and the fluid levels are normal.
We really want the baby to stay in there at least another week! Each day in utero is a gift and would be wonderful - for her! - and for us!

In preparation though, this weekend I packed most of my hospital bag. Packed the baby's bag. Made a list of everything I was missing. Got her little area slightly more ready... and figured that perhaps in the preparation - because I was preparing and anticipating this time - it won't happen and will all be mere advance preparation - at least for a little while.

Positive thoughts & fingers crossed for a good visit tomorrow afternoon!

3 comments:

Mommy G said...

I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way! Love you!

Unknown said...

What an exciting time. I will be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping the little one stays in a little longer this time. Please keep the updates coming!

Victoria Strong said...

Thinking of you and hoping you still have a few more weeks.