Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Update - Another week!

We are thrilled to report that our OB, Dr. Echt, said everything looked good at our appointment yesterday afternoon which means we get another week of baby #2 in utero.

The baby was moving all around during the stress test. It was really hard to get her heart beat which ranged anywhere from the 130's to the 170's as she was jumping around so much.
Quite the mini-acrobat in my tummy!

I totally think she knew we were trying to monitor her movement and heart rate. Whenever Dr. Echt has used the doppler in the past, even if she's been quiet beforehand, she'll start to move. Every time I'd get the monitor over her heart area yesterday, she'd do this big move as if to say "ha ha! you think I'm going to sit still and just let you monitor me?? I think not!" and I'd lose the beat.
There were certainly no concerns about movement or fetal activity!

The extra week is fantastic news for many reasons:
- More time for Baby #2 to put on some much needed and healthy weight
- More time for Baby #2's lungs to mature
- More time for us to spend cuddling, kissing, hugging, playing, and snuggling with just Cyanne
- More time for Cyanne to put off fully understanding and embracing this whole "little/big sister" concept
- More time for Mommy (and Daddy) to get organized
- More time for Mommy to wash all of the things that seem to have to be washed before the baby arrives
- More time for Mommy to sleep through the night (this is especially important!)
- More time for Mommy to get some work done at work (though I had organized things in such a way that had she said "Off to Cottage with you!" yesterday, it would have been okay. Not great, but okay.)

But mostly - just more time for the little girl growing inside to get bigger, stronger, and more ready to take on the world.

Amniotic fluid generally increases until 30 to 34 weeks (measuring about 1 quart) and then usually slowly drops.
Yesterday, my fluid level was 12.3.
Last time, I had what is called "oligohydramnios" which means low amniotic fluid levels.
When I was induced with Cyanne at 35 1/2 weeks, my fluid levels were down to around 4-6 I believe.
The range of "normal" is anywhere from 8 to 18.

So, we were very happy with the 12.3.
Now, we hope that she keeps drinking and going to the loo over the next week so that the levels stay up there or don't drop too much!

It felt like a HUGE weight was lifted off of my shoulders when we walked out of the office into the rain... I'm just so glad that she gets to stay in there another week to get bigger. Now, if only we can stretch that out to another 2 or 3!
Fingers crossed!!

No comments: