Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Carding

I just wanted to share a fun moment I had the other day.
Being 31... and usually accompanied by an infant and a man with heavy-duty five o'clock shadow, I am not carded much anymore. My anti-aging, peptide/antioxidant/vitamin laden creams can only do so much.

However, the other day, Tom & Cyanne went in to grab an outdoor table at The Beachside for lunch. He, as my excellent husband, ordered me a margarita as I parked the car. When I sat down, she brought over the beverages and said to him "I know I've served you before but" and then she looked at me and said " are you over 21?"
Ah yes... I smiled and said "Indeed. I'm 31 in fact but thanks!" Tom said, "well, now you've made her day..."

I was thinking to myself - perhaps I should always wear sunglasses and my Red Sox baseball cap. That may be the key...
At any rate, it was a nice treat...
It is the little things these days, you know?

No comments: