Thursday, May 15, 2008

Daycare!!!

Ah, such good news.
We got a call this afternoon that Cyanne has been "accepted" into the Early Childhood Center at First Presbyterian Church starting in September!
She couldn't say what day in September... but still, she's in!

5 days a week...

I was smiling - and she smiled back at me - when I got off the phone but I have a funny feeling come September she won't be too thrilled with the idea, but here's to hoping she gets used to it. =)
And grows to like it.

We are happy to get her in there - when I put her name down (or I should say, baby girl, due date October 27th...) when I was pregnant - there were over 125 kids on the waitlist. It helps that we joined the church (not that this was a motivation... of course...).

Also, another interesting Cyanne note -
I filled out an application for a preschool yesterday (Little Angels) - applying for the class of 2010-2011!!! How amazing is that?! (even more so - she already has 6 applications in for that year!)
It's a crazy world out there in the land of daycares, preschools, kindergartens...

But at least now we know that Cyanne has a spot come September where she'll hopefully meet lots of nice new people and friends.
And Mommy & Daddy can go to work... to help pay for her daycare =)...

1 comment:

Mara said...

It is crazy how these things work. Mia loves her friends at day care. I'm sure Cyanne's social nature will work to her advantage in September.

Thankfully, Alexandria has a lottery system in Jan/Feb every year for preschool so we don't have to start working on it yet. I can't even imagine applying now.