Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bonpoint

When we were in Paris in May of 2007 for Guilhem & Alexia's wedding, I was determined to go to a store I had grown up with - Bonpoint. My mother, whenever we were in Paris, would take me there and buy the most beautiful dresses. So... since I was pregnant with Cyanne, I told Tom we would be trekking through the streets trying to find the closest store. I had done my research before we left the states and knew there were quite a few from which to choose. We went to the one in St. Germain des Pres... Was quite a walk (and this was after lunch with Jenny at Les Deux Magots and walking up and down St. Germain with a fun side trip to Diptyque!) but it was worth it. We still managed to keep "Blabey walking pace" even while I was pregnant...

One of the three things we bought - and this was before we knew whether we were having a boy or a girl - was this beautiful light, blue cotton shirt with embroidery.



These are a few (somewhat out of focus) photos of C. wearing the shirt. I am sure we'll have more - I just wanted to post a few.
This is certainly something I'd wear if they made it in adult sizes!



It was a very, very fun experience shopping there for her. It was one of the first times we had bought anything at all for the baby. We figured he/she at least had to start out life in style with a few pieces of clothing from a Parisian clothier. =)



When she's older, we can get her one of those amazing dresses.

No comments: