Friday, October 10, 2008

Someone new, something broken, and a 10 year anniversary

First - Congratulations Jenny & Ryan!! Welcome to the world little Devo Ryan Gantz!!! Though not so little really, because at 9 lb 5 oz, he was the opposite of little Cyanne who was 5 lb 9 oz! =)
The 8th of October was a wonderful day.
Devo decided to come out and join the rest of us and we celebrated my parents' 32nd wedding anniversary.

Second - as for the something broken... It is amazing how you become accustomed to certain things. Attached to certain devices. Reliant on technology and all of its wonders and mysteries. Well, we are sad to report that our DVR has bit the dust. It no longer functions and we get this nasty error message when we try to encourage it to go. So, not only have we lost all of the things we recorded (i know, i know - no momentous loss but still... I was totally looking forward to watching my Hills, Giada, and old LOST episodes) but we have to wait 5-8 business days to get a replacement! Whatever happened to overnight shipping? I know it exists. We have the Red Sox Series coming up... hightly entertaining Daily Shows, as well as Saturday Night Live and as you all know, since we can't stay up past 9:30 PM anymore - we are very reliant on said DVR.
So... what to do... I suppose we'll either just miss shows or stay up late. But anyway - we were amused and slightly frightened by how much we've grown to rely upon the DVR and the fun capabilities. Being able to rewind and fast forward the television is something we've certainly come to take for granted.

Third - I'd just like to give a little shout-out to my car. It was TEN years ago this month that my parents surprised me with my lovely, "desert dune" colored Toyota 4-Runner. (As an aside - that means it was 10 years ago that we were enjoying our senior year of college!?!!!?) He joined me in Middlebury, Vermont. He's had quite a well-traveled 10 years. Starting out life in Middlebury, moving to Boston, zipping around all of the maze-like streets of Boston and Cambridge, dozens and dozens of trips on the Mass. Turnpike driving to Albany and Thompson's Lake, a trip across the country, and now life in sunny Southern California. I'd imagine he'd say life has improved as he dosn't have to have ice scraped off, salt sprayed away, or frozen tires several months out of the year. Instead, we get sun, basic dirt, and a good dose of ash from all of the fires...

At any rate - a wonderful new addition - yay Devo! And yay to Mommy Gantz for doing such an incredible job during delivery - as well as DVR revelations and an anniversary for both the car - and my parents.

(oh and I promise - fewer words and more pictures to come. Soon!!!)

No comments: